Potential Side Effects
Hyperhidrosis iontophoresis treatment is a safe and painless procedure. Some people may experience the following temporary side effects:
- 1. Irritation, skin reddening (erythema), burning sensation, small blisters (vesiculation), and itching (pruritus). Wait until symptoms disappear completely before starting your next treatment.
- 2. Tingling and stinging sensations.
- 3. Muscle numbness (paresthesia) may occur.
- 4. Slight pain could be felt at the beginning of the treatment or after the polarity alternating sequence.
If you feel any of the above side effects, reduce intensity during next treatment.
- 5. Increased sweating: After the first few treatments, you may experience an increase in sweating. This symptom will subside after a few treatments.
- 6. Skin dryness: Skin may become dry, small lesions or scaling may occur. To reduce these symptoms, use a moisturizing cream after treatments.
If you experience other side effects, please stop using the device and contact iontocure customer service immediately.